A conditional approval has now been granted by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to the Mayor and Town Council of Lethem in Region Nine in regard to the site for its sanitary landfill, as this municipality aims for improved solid waste management within the town.Land cleared for the landfill in LethemAccording to the Department of Public information, following an intervention by the Ministry of Communities to assist the town of Lethem, a service contract to the tune of $36.3 million was awarded to International Imports and Exports to manage the town’s solid waste for 18 months.Lethem Mayor Kerry Jarvis has applauded the initiative, since the past state of the site has affected the health and well-being of the residents. The Mayor noted that, being a new town, Lethem will be able to overcome its solid waste management issues with the help of the Communities Ministry.The contractor began operating on the site back in March of this year, and the state of the site has now been transformed. All the waste has been removed, and is now under control.A team of engineers from the Ministry of Communities on Thursday visited the site and expressed satisfaction at its current state. Senior Engineer attached to the Sanitation Management Unit, Satro Nauth, has said that when the contract comes to an end, the site is expected to be developed into a sanitary landfill facility similar to the sites in Linden, Region Ten; Mahdia, Region Eight; and Bartica, Region Seven.“The site has gotten conditional approval from the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). We did some groundwork for the development of a sanitary facility, so we are running the service contract and our intention is to develop it into a sanitary facility,” Nauth said.He also said, “The contractor is responsible for providing a machine to accept the waste, compact the waste, and cover the waste at the end of the day. He has been doing a good job so far (in) maintaining the site, keeping record of the amount of waste that comes, and who disposes of the waste.”Back in August of 2017, the Ministry of Communities signed a contract for the design and construction of sanitary landfill sites for the municipalities of Linden, Mahdia and Bartica. The project was aimed at safeguarding the well-being of the residents of those communities while simultaneously providing modern waste disposal facilities which would be environmental friendly.
1 Mark Noble is a doubt for West Ham’s clash with Sunderland this weekend as he continues his recovery from an achilles problem.The midfielder has been in the Hammers fine start to the season, scoring once in 12 appearances and helping West Ham climb to fourth in the Premier League table.However, Noble missed last Sunday’s 3-1 win over Swansea and Allardyce admits the 27-year-old is now a doubt for the trip to Sunderland this weekend.“Mark Noble has got trouble with his achilles tendon, but other than that there doesn’t seem to be any problems,” said Allardyce. West Ham midfielder Mark Noble
Just like a good competitor, Chawinga accepted the loss and immediately after the match unlaced her boots and handed them to Mwanahalima who was still smiling in glee after finding the back of the net twice.Speaking after the game, Mwanahalima says she was excited that the team was through to the third round and vowed they will look to replicate the same result when they face either Gabon or Ghana.“It was a tough game because Malawi is not an easy side. We had planned for them after what we saw in the first leg and we executed our plan well. I am happy also to have scored a brace but not very excited because as a striker, that is my job,” said the pint-sized forward.Speaking to Capital Sport after the game Chawinga said Kenya were deserved winners, noting her side was punished because of mistakes.“That is how football is. You make mistakes and you are punished. We have to do better as a team next time. We were not well organized and all of us didn’t give enough effort. Kenya is a good team and they have so much depth,” she said.“I have played against some of the players before at COSAFA and only like three players are still in the team. They have so many new faces but still they are a very strong team. Unlike us, we have just had the same team,” added the forward.0Shares0000(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Harambee Starlets forward Mwanahalima Adam won a bet against Malawi’s Tabitha Chawinga who handed her her boots after the game. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluMACHAKOS, Kenya, Sep 1 – Harambee Starlets striker Mwanahalima Adam won a bet against Malawi’s Chinese based forward Tabitha Chawinga after scoring twice to help the Kenyans sail through to the third round of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic qualifiers in Machakos on Sunday.Adam, nicknamed Dogo had placed a bet with Chawinga that if Starlets won the second leg, she (Chawinga) would give her a pair of boots.
Swansea defender Kyle Naughton has been ruled out for the rest of the season with ankle ligament damage Swansea defender Kyle Naughton has been ruled out for the rest of the season with ankle ligament damage, the club has announced.Naughton was hurt Swansea’s 3-1 home win over Hull on Saturday in a challenge which saw Tigers midfielder David Meyler shown a straight red card.A statement on the official Swansea website said a second scan confirmed ligament damage that will keep the January signing from Spurs out for around six weeks.“An initial scan ruled out a fracture but a follow-up scan confirmed ligament damage,” said the club statement.Naughton was taken to hospital after the game for x-rays but Swansea had to wait for the swelling on the ankle to go down to discover the full extent of the injury.Swans manager Garry Monk said after the game his initial view was that Meyler’s challenge was a redcard offence.“It was a genuine 50-50 ball for both players to have and my initial reaction was that it was bad challenge,” he said.“I don’t think there was any malice from the player but you always run that risk when your foot goes over the ball.” 1
Spain international Diego Costa was involved in an altercation with Gareth Barry Chelsea interim boss Guus Hiddink believes Diego Costa was targeted by Football Association disciplinary chiefs after being absolved of a bite on Gareth Barry.Costa nuzzled into the neck of Everton midfielder Barry in an altercation which led to his first dismissal as a Chelsea player in last Saturday’s FA Cup loss at Goodison Park.Barry afterwards insisted nothing untoward had happened during their altercation, but Costa was charged with improper conduct following his reaction to being shown red by referee Michael Oliver. He had until Thursday at 6pm to respond, with the verdict to be announced next week.Costa, who is suspended for Saturday’s Barclays Premier League clash with West Ham, could find his ban extended, but avoided the prospect of a further sanction when the FA investigated a gesture made at half-time and found the striker had no case to answer.“What I smell and didn’t like, and what I spoke about with Diego (is): ‘hey, he cannot be charged on this, on the kiss, but let’s see if there’s other things we can find’,” Hiddink said.“If you cannot prove the bite, then sometimes, in my personal opinion, they are looking a bit ‘where can we chase him? What can we find more on this guy?’”Asked what Costa was doing in the incident with Barry, Hiddink said: “Maybe a kiss. Love. Maybe it was love between the two.”Put to the Dutchman that it was odd behaviour, Hiddink added: “Yes. Everyone has his reactions.”Hiddink has spoken to Costa, who has scored 11 goals in his last 16 games, and hopes the striker can learn to control his volatile temper. Hiddink accepts provocation by opponents is part of the game.The Blues boss said: “It’s part of the game to play a bit with that – ‘how far can we get him out of his comfort zone and get him into the red zone?’“The player has to control himself. That is why I said I cannot guarantee he will not explode as he has done.“I talked to him and we talked many times about him playing on the edge and his reactions. We were happy and are still happy with his performances.“What we all like, but not going over the edge, is to play as he is doing, with a lot of blood. Whether or not bit by bit (he is) provoked, he has to control himself. He knows (that).“If he reduces what he did more frequently in the past, we are progressing. We have to have hope.” 1
Thierry Henry has been offered a route back into football coaching by West Ham and Watford after falling out with Arsene Wenger over his punditry role with Sky Sports, according to The Sun. Wenger delivered the Arsenal legend an ultimatum to choose between his role working with Arsenal youngsters or regular appearances on live Premier League matches. Henry – who earns £4million-a-year at Sky Sports – decided he’d rather continue his TV work and cut his links with the Gunners.But West Ham and Watford have offered hima route back in to complete his Pro Licence and continue his punditry role. Watford train next door to Arsenal, on the Gunners former training base at London Colney, just north of London, not far from when Henry lives. Henry has been offered a route back into coaching by West Ham and Watford 1
The girls celebrate after the final winTHE star gaelic footballers of St Columba’s Comprehensive are celebrating – after landing the Ulster U16 title today.The girls defeated the highly fancied and favourites Breifne College of Cavan in today’s showpiece final.Amy Boyle Carr (N Conaill) and Sarah Harkin (Ardara) were among the many stars of the show which saw the Donegal side go into a huge first half lead. And the Comp girls never looked back after that, easing to victory in the end in the game played in Garvaghey.ST COLUMBA’S GLENTIES GIRLS CROWNED ULSTER FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS was last modified: January 26th, 2016 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:st columba’s glentiesULSTER CHAMPIONS
So what are these lads up to?Well, final touches are being put to Mulroy College’s Annual Variety Show.And the very excited students – Gavin and Aaron included – take to the stage of An Grianán Theatre, Letterkenny on this Friday, December 6th, at 8pm. This year’s show is shaping up to be one of the best yet, showcasing the phenomenal talent at Mulroy College.Highlights include excerpts from Hairspray, the musical and Blood Brothers, to mention but a few. There will be a number of “wee “surprises on the night, culminating is some festive cheer!!The show is produced and directed by teacher, Nicola Mc Bride. This year’s choreography is by Brighdin Carr.Tickets are a steal at €10 and are selling out fast from An Grianán box office (074) 9120777. Get yours before it’s too late MULROY COLLEGE SHOW SET TO BE A CHRISTMAS CRACKER was last modified: December 3rd, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:MULROY COLLEGE SHOW SET TO BE A CHRISTMAS CRACKER