Category: xvbxlsxiqmio

Jackson Approved As Interim Jamestown Police Chief

first_imgJAMESTOWN — Lieutenant Tim Jackson of the Jamestown Police Department was officially appointed as the interim Police Chief and Public Safety Director during a City Council meeting Monday evening.Jackson was appointed earlier this month by Jamestown Mayor Eddie Sundquist. The appointment needed to be approved by the Council.This appointment follows the pending retirement of current Police Chief Harry Snellings.Lt. Jackson has served in the Jamestown Police Department since May 2000. He also is a Sheriff’s Academy professor and served our country in the U.S. Navy Reserve from 2002 to 2008.Jackson is a resident of the City of Jamestown.Sundquist said, “I’m excited to appoint Lt. Jackson as Acting Police Chief as we continue our search to fill that position permanently. I’m fully confident in Lt. Jackson’s ability to lead the department through this time of transition.”Lt. Jackson said, “I’m honored to receive this appointment by Mayor Sundquist. Anything I can do to help make this transition between Police Chiefs a smooth process is welcome, and I look forward to leading the Jamestown Police Department in its continued proud service to the community.” Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Start reading Jackson Approved As Interim Jamestown Police Chief

New Senate bill for residential loan parity has CUNA, league support

first_img 11SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr A bill introduced by Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) would provide credit unions with regulatory relief, help small businesses and has CUNA’s support. The bill, S. 1440, would exempt loans to purchase a one- to four-unit, non-owner occupied residential dwelling from credit unions’ member business loan cap.Currently those types of loans at credit unions are classified as business loans and are therefore subject to the cap of 12.25% of assets. However, when banks make the same loans, they are classified as residential real estate loans.Wyden said in a statement that the bill would increase opportunities for small businesses to receive loans from credit unions by eliminating an “unfair hurdle” to much-needed capital.CUNA believes enactment of this legislation would enable credit unions to extend credit to borrowers seeking to purchase residential units, including low-income rental units, thereby better meeting the needs of their members. It would also contribute to the availability of affordable rental housing.The modification would also be consistent with the treatment of these loans by the National Credit Union Administration’s revised risk-based capital proposal, which would assign the loans a lower risk weight compared with other business loans. continue reading »last_img read more

Start reading New Senate bill for residential loan parity has CUNA, league support

CUNA slams “unconstitutional” appointment

first_img 6SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr CUNA decisively weighed in on the CFPB appointments dispute yesterday, with a brief sharply critical of former Director Cordray’s attempt to name his deputy as the interim Director of the Bureau. For what it’s worth, yours truly thinks the criticism is spot on.“We do not deny that Congress (or at least the members who voted in favor of Dodd-Frank) adopted extraordinary measures to this end. However, the argument that the President must be deprived of even the power to appoint an interim Director after the resignation of the former Director goes too far.”The brief also attacks the argument that as a matter of statutory interpretation, the Dodd-Frank Act and not the Vacancy Reform Act dictates how an interim Director is to be chosen in the aftermath of the Cordray resignation. continue reading »last_img read more

Start reading CUNA slams “unconstitutional” appointment

Frank de Boer named Netherlands coach

first_imgBut three subsequent jobs outside the Netherlands proved disappointing. He was fired by Inter Milan after 85 days in charge in 2016 and the next year lasted 10 weeks at Crystal Palace.His last position was at Atlanta United in Major League Soccer where he led the club to cup success before leaving in July after 18 months in charge.De Boer will be thrust quickly into his new job with a friendly against Mexico and two Nations League games early next month. The Netherlands host the Mexicans in Amsterdam on Oct. 7 before travelling to Bosnia on Oct. 11 and Italy on Oct. 14.De Boer will lead the Netherlands into next year’s rescheduled European Championship, their first major tournament since the 2014 World Cup.Beaten World Cup finalists in 1974, 1978 and 2010, the Dutch recently endured one of their darkest periods as they failed to qualify for Euro 2016 and the 2018 World Cup before Koeman revived their fortunes. Topics : Frank de Boer, who won 112 caps and played at two World Cups for the Netherlands, has been appointed his country’s national team coach, the Dutch football association (KNVB) said on Wednesday.The 50-year-old replaced Ronald Koeman, who left last month to take over as Barcelona coach, and has signed a two-year contract up to the 2022 World Cup.Former defender De Boer, who also played for Barcelona and Ajax Amsterdam, won a record four successive Dutch league titles as coach of Ajax between 2011 and 2014.last_img read more

Start reading Frank de Boer named Netherlands coach

Clarksons: Demolition Volumes to Remain at Elevated Levels

first_imgAlthough demolition levels declined year-on-year in 2017 so far, with a range of factors at play, recycling volumes are likely to remain at elevated levels in the medium term, Clarksons Research said.In the year to date, 743 vessels of a combined 32.7 million dwt have been sold for scrap. In tonnage terms, demolition volumes have declined year-on-year by 20% on an annualised basis, from a firm total of 44.5 million dwt in 2016, despite an increase in scrap prices.“This reflects an improvement in market sentiment, with some sectors beginning to move away from the bottom of the cycle,” Clarksons informed.Bulk carrier recycling levels have declined following an extremely strong first half of 2016, when 22.6 million dwt was sold for scrap, compared to 211 units of a combined 14.1 million dwt in 2017 so far. This represents a 50% year-on-year decline in dwt terms, against a backdrop of improving bulk carrier earnings.Meanwhile, demolition volumes in the tanker sector surged from around 2.3 million dwt in 2016, to 95 vessels of 9.5 million dwt in the year to date, due to a weaker earnings environment.Containership demolition in 2016 reached 194 vessels of a combined 0.7 million TEU, the largest annual volume on record in capacity terms, driven in part by continued weak boxship earnings. In TEU terms, 46% of containerships recycled last year were ‘old Panamax’ vessels, rendered less competitive following the opening of the expanded Panama Canal locks in June 2016. Recycling levels in the sector have declined year-on-year by 35% in TEU terms to 137 units of a combined 0.4 million TEU in the year to date, but remain historically high.Global demolition volumes have generally declined year-on-year, driven primarily by the bulkcarrier and containership sectors. However, Clarksons said that scrapping activity remains at historically elevated levels, and the costs of complying with upcoming environmental regulation “are likely to sustain this trend in the medium term.”This could continue to drive supply side rebalancing, potentially helping shipping markets to transition into the next stage of the cycle.last_img read more

Start reading Clarksons: Demolition Volumes to Remain at Elevated Levels

Batesville Fire Department hiring process open

first_imgBatesville, In. — The Batesville Fire Department is accepting applications for the Full-Time position of Firefighter / EMT or Paramedic until Wednesday, February 28 at noon.During the hiring process, applicants will be required to subject themselves to various forms of background checks, physical fitness testing, written aptitude testing, an interview process, and other testing that may be deemed appropriate.Requirements:Must be a resident citizen of the United States.Must be 21 years old to apply and not have reached age 36 by date of appointment.Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate.Cannot have a felony conviction.Cannot have a misdemeanor conviction involving domestic violence.Must possess a valid driver’s license.Cannot have been dishonorably discharged from the military.Must be Indiana Certified FireFighter I/II and EMT-B or Paramedic.Must pass a mandatory drug screening test.Resumes will be accepted only if accompanied by an application. The City of Batesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.last_img read more

Start reading Batesville Fire Department hiring process open

Dutch government shut down football until September

first_imgDutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte has announced that all sport in the country is banned until September 1. As a consequence, this would mean the immediate suspension of the football season, among other events. Loading… Read Also: UEFA urges leagues to complete suspended football seasons It is worth noting that the main TV operator in the Netherlands, Fox Sports, announced a few days ago that they would pay the TV rights for this season, regardless of whether the games were completed or not. As such, clubs will receive the money they were due. This decision extends to other sports within the Netherlands, as well as musical and cultural events. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The Netherlands, as such, is the first country to decree such a drastic measure at a governmental level. The country’s stadiums will remain closed until September 1, so the 2019/20 season can be considered to be closed. “It’s tough, but we will have to make that sacrifice,” Rutte said.Advertisementcenter_img As it is a government ruling, we must now wait for the reaction of the Dutch Football Federation (KNVB), who in principle could give the Eredivisie title to Ajax, the current leader and reigning champions. However, there are a series of other matters that will still need to be resolved, such as the teams that go to the Champions League, those that would be relegated, or even finishing the season in September, although this seems improbable. Promoted ContentHow Good The CGI Effects In Those Movies Were!7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your PhoneThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreEverything You Need To Know About Asteroid ArmageddonDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?Superhero Castings That People Hated But Were Amazing8 Things To Expect If An Asteroid Hits Our PlanetCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parkslast_img read more

Start reading Dutch government shut down football until September

FA presidency: Yaya Toure lambasts Cote d’Ivoire footballers for not supporting Drogba

first_img Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreThe Most Exciting Cities In The World To VisitWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do10 Largest Cities In The World6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day “If Didier was so useless, how is it possible that Cyrille Domoraud did not realise it until after eleven years and at the very moment when Didier presents his candidacy for the presidency of the FIF and that AFI seeks, by all means, to justify its support for another candidate?,” said Toure. “If he had been aware of it for several years, why did he not raise the issue with Didier or raise the problem during the AFI General Assemblies? [Domoraud] uses AFI for personal purposes and serves Ivorian footballers. It’s grotesque and shameful.” read also:Drogba mobbed by fans as he enters race for Cote d’Ivoire football presidency Drogba has however earned the support of footballers plying their trade in the Ivorian domestic league. Besides Toure, other high profile former footballers like Marco Zoro and Blaise Kouassi have thrown their weight behind Drogba’s candidature. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… center_img Former Barcelona and Manchester City midfielder, Yaya Toure, has castigated the stance by the Ivory Coast Footballers Association (AFI) not to support former national team captain Didier Drogba in his bid to become president of the West African nation’s football federation. Despite the snub, Drogba managed to file his candidacy and will stand against Koffi Kouakou Paul, Sory Diabate and Idriss Diallo for the Ivorian Football Federation (FIF) presidency elections set for September 5. The Elephants’ Africa Cup of Nations-winning captain Toure is unhappy with the decision by AFI, led by former AC Milan and Monaco defender Cyrille Domoraud, to support Diallo. “That our players’ association has chosen to support another candidate constitutes a major fault, a serious breach of its obligations and its mission,” Toure was quoted as having told Abidjan Sports as per Afrik Foot. “No matter how hard I tried to understand, I tried to listen to Cyrille Domoraud’s arguments, I still don’t understand, but the damage is done.” AFI argues that Drogba did not deserve their support as he has not been actively involved with the players’ representative body, a claim Toure dismisses.Advertisementlast_img read more

Start reading FA presidency: Yaya Toure lambasts Cote d’Ivoire footballers for not supporting Drogba

IN-STEP gives small businesses international opportunities

first_imgStatewide—The Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) launched the Indiana State Trade and Export Promotion (IN-STEP) program to develop and expand export opportunities throughout the state, assisting Indiana small businesses with identifying, marketing and selling Hoosier-made goods in international markets. IN-STEP, which will support company growth and job creation by diversifying small businesses’ customer bases, offers eligible companies reimbursements of costs associated with export-related activities like participating in international trade missions, foreign trade shows and export educational programs, as well as other export services provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Total reimbursements under IN-STEP cover up to 50%, or $12,500, of small businesses’ export expenses. The program, which is launching with the support of a two-year grant from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), will provide up to $660,000 in funding for small businesses. Applications will be available on a rolling basis until all funds are distributed or up to August 31, 2021.Qualifying criteria is as follows: The business must be in operation for at least a year.The business must be new to exporting or market expansion.The business must be an Indiana Small Business Development Center (Indiana SBDC) client. The business must be in accordance with SBA size standards, which categorize small businesses based on measures like industry, number of employees and annual receipts. Use the SBA’s Size Standards Tool to see if your company qualifies.The business’ goods must be made in the U.S. or composed of at least 51% U.S. material.last_img read more

Start reading IN-STEP gives small businesses international opportunities

Mike Tyson comeback fight postponed

first_imgMike Tyson’s comeback against Roy Jones Jr has been postponed, according to RingTV.com.Tyson, aged 54, and Jones Jr, 51, were due to meet in an exhibition bout on September 12, but it has been pushed back to November 28. Heavyweight icon Tyson retired 15 years ago, but still plans to step back into the ring.The California State Athletic Commission, who are licensing the bout, previously told Sky Sports: “The (CSAC) is licensing the Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr match scheduled to take place in Los Angeles as an eight-round exhibition match.“In this match, the referee will have the authority to stop the fight if it strays outside the boundaries of a competitive boxing exhibition.“Mr. Tyson and Mr. Jones Jr will have to submit all CSAC medical tests for fighters over 40 as well as CSAC’s emergency regulations that have been put in place to slow the spread of COVID-19.”Jones Jr told Sky Sports that the exhibition would be “extra-competitive” and expects to face: “The same old Mike – he will be powerful. Power is the last thing to go. He won’t have lost his power or explosiveness. “You’ve seen the videos he has put out – he has been powerful and explosive. He’s not going to lose it and you’ve got to know that.“Now, it may not last for more than five rounds but he’s not going to lose it.“You may have to dance around him for four or five rounds or try to survive, however you find it best to do that. Then you can fight him.“I’d better get myself in the best shape that I can.“It never worries me – I love challenges. Something impossible or something I shouldn’t do? That’s what I love to do. Anything you tell me I can’t or shouldn’t do is what I want to do. “That’s who I am. That makes me happier than anything.“If I was fighting somebody I’m supposed to beat, I would probably be nervous. But because I’m fighting somebody that they think I don’t have a chance with, I’m not nervous. This is what I love, this is what I feel for.“For me, it’s a one-off. But if it turns out good or he hits me so hard that I don’t get my lip back, then we might have a rematch!“I bring speed and power, he brings explosiveness and power.”RelatedPosts Mike Tyson beats up seven prostitutes Mike Tyson to face Roy Jones Jr Klitschko drills Holyfield in gym —Tags: Comeback fightmike tysonRingTV.comlast_img read more

Start reading Mike Tyson comeback fight postponed