BA jumps last Iberia hurdle

first_img whatsapp BA jumps last Iberia hurdle Wednesday 22 September 2010 9:03 pm Show Comments ▼ More From Our Partners A ProPublica investigation has caused outrage in the U.S. this weekvaluewalk.comKiller drone ‘hunted down a human target’ without being told tonypost.comNative American Tribe Gets Back Sacred Island Taken 160 Years Agogoodnewsnetwork.orgFlorida woman allegedly crashes children’s birthday party, rapes teennypost.comAstounding Fossil Discovery in California After Man Looks Closelygoodnewsnetwork.org‘Neighbor from hell’ faces new charges after scaring off home buyersnypost.comPolice Capture Elusive Tiger Poacher After 20 Years of Pursuing the Huntergoodnewsnetwork.orgRussell Wilson, AOC among many voicing support for Naomi Osakacbsnews.comBrave 7-Year-old Boy Swims an Hour to Rescue His Dad and Little Sistergoodnewsnetwork.orgSupermodel Anne Vyalitsyna claims income drop, pushes for child supportnypost.comFeds seized 18 devices from Rudy Giuliani and his employees in April raidnypost.comBill Gates reportedly hoped Jeffrey Epstein would help him win a Nobelnypost.comInside Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis’ not-so-average farmhouse estatenypost.comI blew off Adam Sandler 22 years ago — and it’s my biggest regretnypost.comMark Eaton, former NBA All-Star, dead at 64nypost.comBiden received funds from top Russia lobbyist before Nord Stream 2 giveawaynypost.comUK teen died on school trip after teachers allegedly refused her pleasnypost.com980-foot skyscraper sways in China, prompting panic and evacuationsnypost.com Share IBERIA has approved British Airways’ (BA) plan to tackle its £3.7bn pension deficit, removing the last remaining hurdle to their merger plans. The decision was made by Iberia’s board, which met yesterday to decide whether it should approve the proposals set out by BA chief executive Willie Walsh.Iberia’s decision means the merger plans, which have already received EU clearance, will gather pace. Under the merger agreement, Iberia had the right to back out of the $8bn (£5bn) tie-up if it didn’t like BA’s proposals for plugging the black hole in its pension fund. A statement from Iberia said: “This decision represents another step forward in the merger process.”The final approval will be left in the hands of both sets of shareholders, who will vote on the tie-up in November.BA shareholders will own 56 per cent of the newly merged company, which will be called International Airlines Group. The remaining 44 per cent will be held by Iberia shareholders.In June, BA detailed its pension recovery plan, which commits to annual contributions of £330m, with a three per cent rise every year. whatsapp KCS-content Tags: NULLlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *