Tag: 上海夜网NM

Minister Luhut wants stricter health protocols in place during ‘critical time’

first_imgCoordinating Maritime Affairs and Investment Minister Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan has ordered joint forces of the military and police to monitor the enforcement of health protocols during the “critical time” over the next two to three months until the country is able to conduct mass vaccination, which is expected to take place in December.Luhut said it was essential to make sure that the protocols, including wearing masks and maintaining social distancing, were implemented properly.The minister is among officials tasked by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo with focusing on handling COVID-19 transmission in several provinces, according to the head of the national COVID-19 economic recovery team, Airlangga Hartarto, as reported by kompas.com.Luhut went on to say that the country could not limit economic activity “for too long”, but leaving citizens to carry out their activities without proper health measures in place could also lead to increasing cases of COVID-19.Read also: Jokowi forms national team to accelerate vaccine development“Therefore, we need to strictly monitor the implementation of health protocols. This is actually an art of balancing between COVID-19 handling and conducting economic activities,” Luhut said during a teleconference on Friday.He was confident that the country could control the health crisis well from December onward as it started to vaccinate tens of millions of its citizens. The government previously announced that Indonesia had secured around 300 million doses of a potential COVID-19 vaccine until the end of next year. Among the potential suppliers was China’s Sinovac Biotech, which had been cooperating with Indonesia’s pharmaceutical company Bio Farma in conducting clinical trials of the candidate vaccine in the country.Topics :last_img read more

Start reading Minister Luhut wants stricter health protocols in place during ‘critical time’

Paramount, Times, ad firm settle in bomb-scare case

first_imgA Times representative declined comment. Calls to Paramount and the ad agency, Allied Advertising, were not immediately returned. The three companies agreed to pay the settlement without admitting wrongdoing. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Paramount Pictures, the Los Angeles Times and an advertising firm have paid $75,000 to settle negligence claims stemming from a promotion for “Mission: Impossible III” that led to bomb scares last year, federal authorities said Thursday. In April 2006, Paramount placed digital devices in 4,500 news racks around the city that played the iconic movie theme music whenever the door was opened. Some mistook the devices for bombs and reported them to police. The Veterans Affairs Medical Center in West Los Angeles was evacuated for 90 minutes as a precaution after someone spotted a 6-inch-long red plastic box attached to the news rack by wires. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department arson squad blew up a Times news rack in Santa Clarita. The settlement was paid April 3, said Thom Mrozek, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office. The money will be used to compensate Veterans Affairs for the disruption at the hospital last year, he said. last_img read more

Start reading Paramount, Times, ad firm settle in bomb-scare case