Tag: 上海夜网NQ

Trump says he finally wore a mask — but not for public viewing

first_imgNearly everyone at the Ford factory was wearing a face covering, in line with company policy and government recommendations on curtailing the highly contagious virus.In a statement from the auto giant, it said that company chairman Bill Ford “encouraged President Trump to wear a mask when he arrived. He wore a mask during a private viewing of three Ford GTs from over the years. The President later removed the mask for the remainder of the visit.”Trump, pushing to get Americans to put the pandemic behind them and reopen the faltering economy, has never worn a mask in public. He previously has said that he doesn’t consider the look fitting his perception of himself as a world leader.On Thursday, he said the mask “was very nice, it looked very nice.” Topics : President Donald Trump said Thursday he’d finally overcome his aversion to wearing masks against the coronavirus — yet he didn’t want be photographed.Touring a Ford auto factory in Ypsilanti, Michigan, where workers have converted to building respirators and other medical equipment for fighting COVID-19, Trump held up a mask and declared he’d covered his face earlier.”I had one on before. I wore one in this back area but I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it,” he told reporters and photographers covering his visit.center_img Skepticism about the need for masks is rife among right-wing Americans who support Trump. In more extreme circles, demands by local government or private businesses for the public to wear masks has been interpreted as a conspiracy against constitutional freedoms.last_img read more

Start reading Trump says he finally wore a mask — but not for public viewing

Revealed: Unai Emery really wanted Thomas Partey at Arsenal

first_imgIt has emerged that Unai Emery had strong plans of signing Ghana’s Thomas Partey to Arsenal before the start of the current Premier League season.The Atletico Madrid midfielder was part of the three players the former  Arsenal manager wanted to bring in to strengthen his team ahead of the campaign. The other two were Harry Maguire and Wilfried Zaha.The revelation came out in an article written by David Ornstein of The Athletic in his “Ornstein on Monday: What’s Going On At Your Club” column.According to Ornstein, Emery believed that adding players like Partey, Maguire and Zaha to the Arsenal set up would enhance their push for a Champions League spot either through the league or through the Europa League.According to Ornstein, both the team and the player wanted the move but finances and other priorities stopped the deal from happening.“… Partey was apparently desperate for a move to the Emirates Stadium, however, a 50 million euro release clause in his Atletico Madrid contract was too expensive for Arsenal because they were committing the bulk of the resources to bringing in a wide player.”Ultimately, Emery did not get any of his main targets and decided to sign Nicholas Pepe from Lille for 72 million pounds.Partey’s links to the Premier League in recent years are not entirely new.There have been some rumours of purported interest from Manchester United and other reports have captured the sentiments of some of the team’s fans stating that if the Ghanaian midfielder could join their team, they could challenge for the Premier League title.last_img read more

Start reading Revealed: Unai Emery really wanted Thomas Partey at Arsenal

Lakers coach Luke Walton uncertain about his backup plan at point guard

first_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error “Jose is a phenomenal shooter and one of the best shooters on our team,” Walton said. “But he’s a little older.”So perhaps the 35-year-old Calderon would have limited opportunities on back-to-backs or when the Lakers play four games in five nights. Calderon might also face limited time if the Lakers need a playmaker.“Are we not getting involved? Marcelo is probably our best playmaker on the team out there,” Walton said.Possible injuries will also factor that thought process. Same thing with how well second-year guard Russell emerges this season.For now, Walton will continue to experiment with lineups and hope to find answers.“The good thing is everybody is working hard and making it hard for the coach to make decisions,” Calderon said. “Everyone has been great. When he figures something out, we’ll go with that.”Two-facedAmid fluctuating lineups and different opponents, two definitive themes for the Lakers have emerged. They have started the game off as if they would rather be somewhere else. Then they claw back and make the game competitive.So it hardly seemed surprising the Lakers overcame an 18-point halftime deficit to enter the fourth quarter trailing 82-80. Then the Kings opened the final period holding the Lakers to one field goal in the first four minutes.Russell had a team-leading 31 points on 10-of-14 shooting and 5-of-6 from 3-point range and 11 assists against Sacramento. That marked a steady improvement from his 12 points on 6-of-21 shooting and 0 of 9 from 3-point range against Portland on Tuesday. Jordan Clarkson added 13 points on a 5-of-10 clip.He said itWalton, a San Diego native, on his baseball fandom: “I support the Dodgers and hope the Padres will one day become relevant again.” LAS VEGAS >> Plenty of time awaits for Luke Walton to decide where to cash his chips. But like plenty of the gamblers here at the roulette table, Walton admitted uncertainty on his next move.Walton does not have to mull over which number and color to choose. Instead, he must decide how to manage a backup point guard spot that feature two dependable options.Does he favor 12-year NBA veteran Jose Calderon, who has impressed the Lakers with his shooting and leadership? Or does Walton choose Brazilian native Marcelo Huertas, who has transitioned well from international play to the NBA because of how well he directs the offense?“That’s going to be a tough call,” Walton said before the Lakers’ 116-104 preseason loss to the Sacramento Kings on Thursday at T-Mobile Arena. “I’m sure throughout the season we’ll lean on different ones at different times depending on what we need. But I feel completely confident with either one of them on the floor running the team.”center_img Entering Thursday’s exhibition, Huertas has averaged 4.3 points on 41.6 percent shooting and 3.3 assists in 11.6 minutes, while Calderon has averaged 6.5 points on a 71.4 percent clip and 1.6 assists in 11.6 minutes. Against Sacramento, Calderon had four points on a 1-of-4 clip and four assists in 15 minutes, while Huertas was a healthy scratch.“At the beginning he’s been playing both of us. That’s tough for everybody, even for the team to get used to whoever,” Calderon said. “Whatever he decides, we’ll have to do whatever we can to help the team. That’s why he’s the coach.”Despite the Lakers trimming their roster from 20 to 17 players, Walton will still experiment with lineups this week instead of tightening his rotation. After starting D’Angelo Russell, Lou Williams, Brandon Ingram, Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov thus far, Walton said he would make unspecified changes for Saturday’s exhibition against Golden State here.Once Walton tightens his rotation, he said “a lot of things” will determine how he will handle the backup-point guard spot.Do the Lakers need some outside shooting? Sounds like an easy choice.last_img read more

Start reading Lakers coach Luke Walton uncertain about his backup plan at point guard

Maharashtra government approves filmcentric entertainment destination by Mahindra Group

Maharashtra government approves filmcentric entertainment destination by Mahindra Group

first_imgTo lure more travellers to Mumbai and to make it a tourism hotspot, Maharashtra government has approved a film-centric entertainment destination to be developed by the Mahindra Group at an investment of INR 1,900 crore in a suburb of Mumbai.The project will be Bollywood themed and will be developed on 82,950.5 sqm area which belongs to Mahindra Group in Kandivali, according to a recent Government Resolution (GR).The project was initiated by a high-powered government committee earlier this year. The project will employ over 750 people and would require a capital of 500 crore. It will be completed in 84 months. According to the GR, the project fulfils all the criteria hence, will be initiated as the ultra-mega project status. Anand Mahindra, Chairman of Mahindra Group had said they were exploring to set up a unique film-centric entertainment destination on their land at Kandivali as Mumbai is the heart of Hindi film industry. He also confirmed the project will open the way for hundreds of direct and indirect employment opportunities.last_img read more

Start reading Maharashtra government approves filmcentric entertainment destination by Mahindra Group