Cazorla twice won the FA Cup at Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Former Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla showed he still has a place in his heart for the Gunners after the side’s 2-1 win against Chelsea in the FA Cup final.The Gunners secured their first piece of silverware under Mikel Arteta by coming back from a goal down against Frank Lampard’s side to claim their 14th FA Cup victory.Cazorla won the cup twice during his time in north London and supporters have not forgotten the part the Spainard played under Arsene Wenger.The 35-year-old made just 33 appearances in his final three seasons at Arsenal and was told by a series of medical officials that his career was over after a number of ankle and foot injuries. ADVERTISEMENT Full Screen Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling Comment And Cazorla has shown he’s lost little of the love he had for Arsenal by sending a message of congratulations to his former side. ‘Well done boys one more for all of you!❤️🏆👏😘,’ said Cazorla.MORE: Wayne Rooney accuses Sir Alex Ferguson of ‘suicidal’ tactics in Champions League finals against Barcelona by Metro Coming Next Metro Sport ReporterSunday 2 Aug 2020 10:22 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link2.2kShares SPONSORED Manchester United captain Harry Maguire Santi Cazorla proves he still loves Arsenal with message to club after FA Cup win against Chelsea Read More Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Read More Arsenal battled back from a goal down (Credits: AP)Cazorla dumbfounded the doubters by returning to full fitness and he’s spent the last two seasons at Villarreal, where he’s scored 25 goals.AdvertisementAdvertisementThe Spaniard was released at the end of the season and has been heavily linked with a return to the Emirates, where Arteta is keen to have his former team-mate as part of his backroom staff. Read More PLAY Advertisement Read More Skip Ad Read More Skip / 1/1 Top articles Video Settings About Connatix V67539 1 min. story Advertisement
Two children at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in Miami have been diagnosed with, and are undergoing treatment for a rare illness that may be connected to COVID-19 infection, according to officials.A representative for the hospital confirmed the illnesses this week.“We’ve had two patients so far, and both have responded very well in terms of the treatment,” Dr. Marcos Mestre says. “This is not common, but it is something that you should be aware of, so if you do see that your child has any symptoms that relates to swelling of the lymph node, redness of the eyes, abdominal pain, fever, we think that those patients should be evaluated immediately.”Officials add that both those children are showing signs of improvement.The illness, which is officially called Pediatric Multi-System Inflammatory Syndrome, is described by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as “swelling across multiple body systems, which can lead to major organ failure.”“Typically, these patients have had some exposure to COVID, usually three to four weeks prior to the symptoms,” explains Mestre.Cases have also been confirmed at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital and Holtz Children’s Hospital, both also located in Miami-Dade County.#HCPs: Today at 2pm ET log in to COCA Facebook profile or call in. COCA Call Topic: Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) Associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (#COVID19). Learn more about the event at https://t.co/C1jAircFJT. pic.twitter.com/SLRaTE4LCk— CDC (@CDCgov) May 19, 2020 “It’s a rare disease,” Dr. Aileen Marty, an infectious disease specialist at Florida International University, says. “It’s an immunologic reaction that some children manifest after they’re exposed to certain viruses. Sometimes, children end up needing to be resuscitated and can even get a heart attack.”Common symptoms of the disease include:-Persistent fever-Rash-Abdominal pain-Vomiting-Swelling of the hands and feet“We’ve treated a couple of patients at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital,” Dr. Ron Ford says. “We believe two have had this. I can’t go into specifics, but they’ve all done very well. They often had kidney problems, heart problems, sometimes liver problems, often lung problems, and in many cases, became critically ill.”Doctors say parents should pay most attention if their child has a fever, and to take the child to a hospital if the fever does not go away.
In the premises of BiH Football Federation, semi-finals pairs of BiH Cup were drawn, and Željezničar will play against Zrinjski, Sloga Doboj will play against Široki Brijeg.First semi-final matches will be play on 13 and 15 March at 6 p.m. while the second round will be played on 3 April.The current winner of BiH Cup is Željezničar who defeated Široki Brijeg in last year’s finals.
A strongly-worded communication authored by some ranking members of the Senate Committee on Health, Gender, Social Welfare, Women & Children’s Affairs, requesting the appearance of Health and Social Welfare Minister before the Senate plenary has surfaced in the Chambers of the 53rd Senate.The communication, signed by Senators Nyonblee Kangar-Lawrence, Geraldine Doe-Sherif and Armah Zolu Jallah, requests the Minister of Health to address the issues of the lack of coordination and ineffectiveness in managing not only the Ebola disease, but also the consequences of the crisis.The Senate plenary has, however, sent the communication back to the leadership of that committee, headed by Grand Kru County Senator Dr. Peter Coleman, with the mandate to gather and give the Senate more information and details on the status of the fight against Ebola.In their letter, read last Thursday, the three outspoken Senators informed their colleagues that their decision was prompted by continuing dissatisfaction exhibited by citizens and residents of the country over the handling of the Ebola crisis in Liberia.The letter reminded the plenary that it has been six months since the country started the fight against Ebola. “But today, the Senate has not received a plan and information as to which organization is involved with this fight against Ebola, and what are their respective functions. In addition, we are not updated on the progress being made,” the letter read.It is common knowledge that most of the efforts in the anti- Ebola fight relies on support by several international institutions in collaboration with the MOH.The Senators asserted that research conducted clearly shows that 90% of the Ebola crisis is being managed by international organizations, leaving the Ministry of Health with contact tracing, quarantining, and monitoring also with support from international organizations.The communication acknowledged the strong involvement of international organizations such as Medicins San Frontiers, WHO, Save the Children (UK), the Uganda Team, International Medical Corp, CDC-USA, Liberian National Red Cross Society and International Red Cross and Red Crescent.“As our country continues to deal with the challenges of the spread of the Ebola virus, government is required to address the issue of the lack of coordination and ineffectiveness in managing not only the Ebola disease, but also the consequences of the crisis,” the letter said.Asserting that it was better late than never, the Senators recommended that that the Minister of Health appear before the Senate with a county-to-county plan to fight the virus, and at the same time give reasons why the home and community of the late Eric Duncan were not attended to by the contact tracing team.The Senators further demanded that during his appearance, the Minister be requested to brief the Senate on efforts being made to contain the virus, and to present a report on the application of the message and international resources and the impact of these resources in the fight against the deadly disease. “These, when achieved, will enlighten members of the Senate on the issue of the discharge of their duties,” said the Senators.Despite the decision to send the communication to the committee room, both Senators Lawrence and Doe Sherif put up a strong representation on why they were seeking the direct involvement of the plenary in requesting that body to take a comprehensive action by ensuring that the Minister appear before the body, maintaining that the issue is no longer a matter for committee to take a definite action.For his part, Senator Coleman, the chair of that committee, in counter-reaction to his co-members’ communication, registered his regret that such a communication was emanating from ranking members of the Health Committee. He recalled that two months ago, the email addresses of all Senators were obtained in order to update them on the fight against Ebola and since then, they have been updated twice a week on the number of cases, deaths, contacts, and highlights of what is happening in every county.“If my colleagues have any consideration of this nature, they could have brought it to the committee where we could have convened a meeting; but to see this thing happening, I consider it as stabbing the chairman in the back,” Senator Coleman charged.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)