STATEWIDE — Despite what appeared to be high interest in this year’s presidential race, Secretary of State Connie Lawson says only 38-percent of Indiana voters showed up at the polls for the May primary.That’s lower than the 40-percent who showed up during the last truly competitive primary in 2008.
Bulgaria’s Pulev, whose only defeat in 29 fights came against Wladimir Klitschko, beat Hughie Fury to earn his position as IBF mandatory challenger and, last weekend, he outpointed Rydell Booker.The IBF told Sky Sports earlier this year about the race between Pulev and WBO mandatory challenger Usyk: “Ours has to come first. The organisations have agreed that the IBF mandatory would be next.”Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn first explained in August that the winner of the rematch against Ruiz Jr would have two mandatory challengers to immediately contend with.“We’re going to have a problem where Usyk and Pulev both say: ‘you’ve got to fight me next’,” Hearn told Sky Sports.That could lead to the possibility of a belt being vacated by the winner of Ruiz Jr versus Joshua.“Some belt could become vacant,” Hearn said. “Because the IBF and the WBO are both going to order their mandatories after Joshua-Ruiz Jr. Unless a deal can be done with someone, you’ve either got to do that, or vacate.“But the Joshua-Ruiz fight is so big, it’s almost bigger than the belts.”Usyk, the former undisputed cruiserweight champion, won his heavyweight debut against Chazz Witherspoon last month and immediately said “I am ready” to challenge the champion of his new division.He had previously made clear that his dream fight would be against Joshua at Wembley Stadium, saying: “If you want to be the best, you have to fight the best.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The winner of Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr could be mandated to fight Kubrat Pulev next, instead of Oleksandr Usyk.Pulev (IBF) and Usyk (WBO) are the mandatory challengers for the titles that are stake between Joshua and Ruiz Jr on December 7, and are racing to be the next opponent for whoever emerges with the belts.“Kubrat Pulev’s next fight will be for the IBF world heavyweight title,” his promoters Top Rank told Sky Sports. “If the Joshua-Ruiz winner decides not to fight Pulev, his next fight will be for the vacant IBF title.”
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisArmy, Air Force, Marines and Special Forces all gathered in Northeast Michigan to operate the exercise Northern Strike. This exercise helps to train service members working from the ground, water and air, it stimulates real life situations as if they were in combat.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Field Trip Friday Goes To Dinosaur GardensNext Limited Tickets Now Available for 7th Annual Grub Crawl
Mario Balotelli’s move to Liverpool will blow up in Brendan Rodgers’ face.That’s the view of Rodney Marsh, who insists the wayward Italian will cause more problems than he solves for the Anfield boss.Rodgers claims the £16million transfer is a gamble worth taking, but former Manchester City and England striker Marsh has a differing opinion.“The Balotelli thing will blow up in his [Rodgers’] face,” he told the Sports Bar. “It could derail Liverpool’s season.“As soon as he gets the hump, what will Rodgers do? Will he pander to him? He’s a terrific footballer and has a good goal record. But how long will it be before he upsets other players, Sturridge for instance?”And Marsh doesn’t believe Balotelli’s arrival will be enough to keep Liverpool in the hunt for the Premier League title.“Liverpool are nowhere near as good as they were last year,” he added. “If they get fourth [this season] they’ll have swum the channel.”