A Times representative declined comment. Calls to Paramount and the ad agency, Allied Advertising, were not immediately returned. The three companies agreed to pay the settlement without admitting wrongdoing. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Paramount Pictures, the Los Angeles Times and an advertising firm have paid $75,000 to settle negligence claims stemming from a promotion for “Mission: Impossible III” that led to bomb scares last year, federal authorities said Thursday. In April 2006, Paramount placed digital devices in 4,500 news racks around the city that played the iconic movie theme music whenever the door was opened. Some mistook the devices for bombs and reported them to police. The Veterans Affairs Medical Center in West Los Angeles was evacuated for 90 minutes as a precaution after someone spotted a 6-inch-long red plastic box attached to the news rack by wires. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department arson squad blew up a Times news rack in Santa Clarita. The settlement was paid April 3, said Thom Mrozek, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office. The money will be used to compensate Veterans Affairs for the disruption at the hospital last year, he said.