Tag: 上海普陀区黑玫瑰

Pasadena Reports No COVID-19 Statistic for First Time During Pandemic Due to State Data ‘Glitch’

first_img Subscribe Name (required)  Mail (required) (not be published)  Website  EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS STAFF REPORT Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Community News Pasadena Reports No COVID-19 Statistic for First Time During Pandemic Due to State Data ‘Glitch’ By BRIAN DAY Published on Thursday, August 6, 2020 | 4:07 pm Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Business News Make a comment STAFF REPORT First Heatwave Expected Next Week HerbeautyWhat Is It That Actually Makes French Women So Admirable?HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyThe Kardashians Know How To Throw A Good Party!HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty15 Countries Where Men Have Difficulties Finding A WifeHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Vietnamese Stunners That Will Take Your Breath AwayHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyRobert Irwin Recreates His Father’s Iconic PhotosHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Ways To Power Yourself As A WomanHerbeautyHerbeauty Community Newscenter_img Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * More Cool Stuff faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Donald CommunityPCC- COMMUNITYVirtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes 14 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Top of the News Community News CITY NEWS SERVICE/STAFF REPORT Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Following a revelation earlier this week that the state’s electronic laboratory reporting system had been undercounting cases for at least two weeks due to a “glitch,” Pasadena officials have been working to set up an independent system to collect information about infections.As a result, city public health officials released no COVID-19 statistics Thursday, the first time that’s happened during the pandemicThe problem with the state data was first disclosed by authorities on Tuesday. California Department of Public Health and Los Angeles County officials said delays in the process had resulted in undercounts of COVID-19 infections dating back to July 26. It was not clear how extensive the underreporting was.The city embarked on putting together its own data reporting system, but it was yet to be operational Thursday, city spokeswoman Lisa Derderian said.“Despite reaching out to our providers directly, we did not receive any reports via (spreadsheets) per CDPH guidelines,” said Derderian. “These providers are all currently working on fulfilling the request now, however.”As of Wednesday, the city had reported 2,035 infections and 111 deaths, city data shows.Derderian said the city expected to have data directly from local medical providers, and update its online COVID-19 Dashboard by Friday. But Derderian cautioned there was a possibility there could still be undercounts with the new system.“Also, as of this time, the CDPH has not yet announced when the Electronic Lab Reporting system will be functioning normally,” she added.“We are working very hard to collect this data despite the state’s glitch,” Derderian said.In the meantime, trace investigators were taking advantage of the time to attempt to recontact people who had received positive test results but have not returned prior calls from tracers, as well as working on improving data quality, “ so that we are ready to go with the expected backlog tomorrow,” she said.The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health had also released no COVID-19 statistics as of late Thursday afternoon.The CDPH reported 5,258 new detected infections and 166 deaths on Thursday.That placed California’s total known COVID-19 cases at 529,180 and increased the virus’ death toll in the state to 9,869. Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadenalast_img read more

Start reading Pasadena Reports No COVID-19 Statistic for First Time During Pandemic Due to State Data ‘Glitch’

ORVC Weekly Report (April 21-26)

first_imgThe ORVC Weekly Report for April 21-26.Players of the Week.Baseball: Alex Schoettmer-Jac-Cen-Del and Austin Armstrong-Rising Sun.Softball: Alix DeDreu-Rising Sun.Golfer: Bryce Murray Rising Sun.Girls Track:  Bethani Kloepfer and Nadia Moore-Southwestern.Boys Track:  Josiah Lawson-Southwestern and Austin Martin–Rising Sun.ORVC Weekly Report (April 21-26)Submitted by ORVC Recorder Travis Calvert.last_img

Start reading ORVC Weekly Report (April 21-26)

Update on the latest sports

first_imgThe Ducks also signed forward Sam Carrick to a one-year extension worth $700,000.SOCCER-MORGAN-BABYUS soccer star has babyUNDATED (AP) — U.S. national soccer team star Alex Morgan has become a mom just in time for Mother’s Day.Morgan announced Saturday on social media that she gave birth to daughter Charlie Elena Carrasco at 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Morgan was on the U.S. team that won the World Cup last summer in France. She hopes to return to the team following her maternity leave in time for the Tokyo Olympics in 2021.,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 The 85-year-old Bess fought health problems the last few seasons and said he didn’t have the energy level to do what he needs to do to excel as a coach.Bess was 1,300-416 in 50 seasons at Three Rivers – 143 more victories than NCAA Division I leader Mike Krzyzewski (shuh-SHEHF’-skee) of Duke. Bess led the junior college team to national titles in 1979 and 1992.NHL-DUCKS-CONTRACT EXTENSIONSDucks extend Guhle, CarrickANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — The Anaheim Ducks have signed defenseman Brendan Guhle (GOO’-lee) to a two-year, $1.6 million contract extension. Guhle has four goals and eight points in 30 games this season for the Ducks this season. He was acquired by Anaheim from the Sabres in February 2019. May 11, 2020 Just 0.7% of MLB employees tested positive for antibodies to COVID-19. Results were based on about 5,600 completed records from employees of 26 clubs. Samples were obtained on April 14 and 15.The start of the baseball season has been delayed because of the virus outbreak. There’s no timetable for when the season might begin.Sixty people tested positive in the raw data, and adjustments were made for false positives and false negatives.One of the study’s leaders says the survey had a 0.5% false positive rate and demonstrates MLB employees have been less affected than their surrounding communities have been.In other developments related to the coronavirus pandemic: — Chinese Basketball Association president and former Houston Rockets star Yao Ming says his league has three options for resuming a season that has been on hold since Feb. 1 over the pandemic. Yao says the league might play out the full schedule, play a shortened season with some games dropped, or end the regular season and go straight to the playoffs based on teams’ current rankings. Yao told state broadcaster CCTV that he hopes as much as the season can be played as possible, but that public health and fairness are the key considerations.— The president of the French Tennis Federation says holding the French Open without fans later this year is an option. The clay-court tournament at Roland Garros was initially slated to be held May 24-June 7 but has been rescheduled for Sept. 20-Oct. 4. Bernard Giudicelli tells a French newspaper (Le Journal du Dimanche) that organizing it without fans would allow a part of the economy to keep turning.COLLEGE BASKETBALL-THREE RIVERS-BESSCollege hoops’ all-time coaching leader retires.POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. (AP) — College basketball victory leader Gene Bess of Three Rivers College has retired and has been replaced by his son, Brian.center_img Associated Press — The president of the University of Virginia says he hopes college football can be played this fall, but he doesn’t expect it to seem like “normal football seasons.” James Ryan told CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday that athletic director Carla Williams and football coach Bronco Mendenhall are committed to a safe return to play. But Ryan says nothing will proceed until medical officials say it’s safe to resume workouts. Ryan says school officials are taking things day by day. He says students need to be back on campus before football can begin.— The British government says tennis courts and golf courses in England can reopen starting Wednesday, but people can only play with members of their own household. Gyms and swimming pools remain closed, although swimming in the sea or lakes will be allowed. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson gave no indication when professional sports can resume competition. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland can set their own stance on tennis courts and golf courses, and they have already indicated a more stringent version of the lockdown will be maintained.— The Spanish soccer league isn’t changing its plan to resume competing after five players from clubs in the first and second divisions tested positive for COVID-19. The league confirmed the positive tests on Sunday but said it was not going to alter the practice protocol that got underway last week. Players from most clubs began individual training sessions on Friday after nearly two months of confinement because of the coronavirus pandemic.— A player for English Premier League team Brighton has tested positive for the coronavirus as clubs prepare for talks on how to resume competition during the pandemic. The southern England club told The Associated Press there is no need for other members of the squad or coaches to self-isolate since players have only worked in isolation when at the training base. The Premier League has government support for “Project Restart” and will try to secure agreement among the 20 clubs on the plans during a conference call with them on Monday.— America’s Cup teams are returning to the water in varying degrees nearly two months after the coronavirus pandemic forced the shutdown of what would have been an impressive global road show for sailing. Defending champion Emirates Team New Zealand has returned to training on Auckland’s Waitemata Harbor with its half-size test boat after a mandatory lockdown was lifted. By Monday or Tuesday, the New York Yacht Club’s yacht Defiant will be headed from Pensacola, Florida, to Auckland on a 500-foot ship. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditVIRUS OUTBREAK-SPORTSMLB has low percentage of employees test positive for coronavirus antibodiesUNDATED (AP) — Major League Baseball appears to have successfully handled the first wave of the new coronavirus. Update on the latest sportslast_img read more

Start reading Update on the latest sports

Ogunkoya Thanks Ogba, Predicts Double Celebration at Remo 2019 IAU

first_imgThe African 400m Women record holder, Falilat Ogunkoya has thanked the President of International Association of Ultrarunners in Africa, Solomon Ogba for bringing the first edition of Valuejet IAU African Championships to Remo, Ogun StateThe event Tagged ‘Remo 2019’ is slated for Saturday, December 7 and it is presently the most-talked-about running event in Nigeria and across borders.Thirty African countries have registered to participate in the 50km race while fun runners also have the opportunity to participate in the 5km fun run which starts at the Ikenne Central Mosque and ends at the Sagamu International Stadium. Ogunkoya noted that this is the first IUA event in this part of the world in 35 years and one would have thought that Ogba will have taken it to his domain but he has chosen to allow Remo Town to get the honour.“The people of Remo and indeed Ogun State are grateful to Chief Ogba for being a true Nigerian and for giving us the opportunity to host runners from across the different countries.“The whole town is grateful and I can assure you that everyone is looking forward to this weekend, apart from the race, everyone would also have a chance to explore the tourism potentials of Ogun State” Ogunkoya who is the President Of the Ogun State Athletics Association stated.Ogunkoya also thanked Valuejet and other sponsors that are supporting ‘Remo 2019’ for making what seemed like a tall dream to become a reality.The President of the South-West Athletics Association also expressed gratitude to the likes of Kunle Soname and Bukola Oloopade who both have been supportive in organising this epoch-making event.While Ogunkoya is confident of brilliant races at the weekend, she has also predicted that there would be more cause for celebration when the son of the soil Anthony Joshua takes to the ring to reclaim his world boxing title form Andy Ruiz far way in Saudi Arabia.“I know it would be celebration galore this weekend” Ogunkoya assuredAlready, dignitaries for the championships from across the continent have started arriving in Nigeria.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Falilat Ogunkoyalast_img read more

Start reading Ogunkoya Thanks Ogba, Predicts Double Celebration at Remo 2019 IAU

Second mural of the summer completed in Downtown Alpena

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisALPENA, Mich. — Britt Flood, an artist from North Carolina was chosen to be a part of Downtown Alpena’s Fresh Waves Initiative. This is the third mural produced from the program, which is meant to bring exciting artwork to the area.Flood began working on Aug. 24 on the side of the Thunder Bay Theatre’s warehouse. Four days later, and the work she calls “Together Again” is finished. “It’s based on embrace and community and connections,” said Flood. “So, just reminding everyone to give that passion and that community feeling, which I definitely felt from everyone this week.”Over the past few days, Flood has received praise from members of the community. Executive Director of the Alpena Downtown Development Authority, Anne Gentry said she was amazed with the finished product and is glad they were able to do two murals this summer instead of one. “With everything going on in the world right now, especially with the pandemic, we thought it was more important now than ever to invest in something so bright and colorful that people can drive by and walk by every day,” she said. “We’ve heard a lot of positive comments, as the artist has, from different community members just thanking us for bringing something that’s so joyful to our community in these times.”This will be the last mural for the summer, but Gentry said they’re already looking forward to next year.“We’ll probably do another application process for both artists and downtown locations. We brainstormed, do we want to do a more temporary mural somewhere, do we want to do one location, two locations again next year? We hope to continue bringing more to our community.”The new mural can be found on the Fletcher Street side of the Thunder Bay Theatre warehouse.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis Tags: Alpena Downtown Development AuthorityContinue ReadingPrevious Driving test safety precautionsNext United Way implements 21-day equity challengelast_img read more

Start reading Second mural of the summer completed in Downtown Alpena

MASSIVE TWO-DAY PICK SIX CARRYOVER INTO THURSDAY AT SANTA ANITA OF $378,187; TOTAL PICK SIX POOL THURSDAY SHOULD EXCEED $1.5 MILLION

first_imgARCADIA, Calif. (Jan. 3, 2016)–There is a massive two-day Pick Six carryover of $378,187 into Thursday at Santa Anita, and according to track officials, it’s expected Thursday’s total Pick Six pool will exceed $1.5 million.With a carryover of $80,409 fanning the pari-mutuel flames on Sunday, $557,396 in “new money” was bet into the Pick Six, creating a total pool of $935,583.Santa Anita will present an eight-race program on Thursday, with the Pick Six covering races three through eight. First post time is at 12:30 p.m. Admission gates will open at 10:30 a.m.For additional racing information throughout the week, please visit santaanita.com, or call (626) 574-RACE. –30–last_img read more

Start reading MASSIVE TWO-DAY PICK SIX CARRYOVER INTO THURSDAY AT SANTA ANITA OF $378,187; TOTAL PICK SIX POOL THURSDAY SHOULD EXCEED $1.5 MILLION