Serie A clubs have set June 14 as the last possible date to resume games if the season is to be finished, as they battle the Government to get training started earlier than May 18. Italy Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced in a press conference on Sunday evening that the country would move into Phase Two of the coronavirus pandemic response from May 4. However, while individual sports like swimming and tennis will be allowed to resume training from that date, team sports have to wait until May 18. The majority of Serie A clubs – except for Brescia – are eager to get going before then and see it as nonsensical, because the rules state from May 4 that players could, for example, go running in a local park keeping a two-meter distance, but not do the exact same thing inside a training ground. To make matters even more confusing, just hours after PM Conte’s statement, Minister for Sport Vincenzo Spadafora contradicted it, insisting the May 18 date for training was not set in stone. Spadafora expanded on that yesterday by suggesting there’s no guarantee the Serie A season will resume at all. “We’ve been working to resume training from May 18, but that doesn’t mean the leagues will start up again.” Now the Lega Serie A has hit back and sources told news agency ANSA that if the games do not resume by June 14, then the season will be called off. Loading… As it takes three to four weeks of training to be ready again after such a long lay-off, May 18 is, therefore, the latest date to start training. read also:Spadafora: ‘Not certain Serie A will resume’ The Lega Serie A could even threaten to sue the Government for financial damages if the lockdown orders force their season to end early and are furious that the latest decree was not what they were expecting or lead to believe was coming. The clubs are fighting to be given the opportunity to train in sports centres while keeping social distancing measures, just as those who take part in individual sports can, from May 4. They argue that the Serie A clubs with the facilities to perform daily swab and blood tests and keep their players in a training retreat isolated from possible contamination should have a very low risk of infection from COVID-19. The Government’s scientific committee considered the medical protocol put forward by the FIGC to be “insufficient” and it will have to be modified, the details of which will be discussed over the next few days. There is another element to be considered, as once the blood tests are performed, we could see that far more have developed antibodies than previously expected and would, therefore, be immune. This is a matter of contention, as the World Health Organisation warned this week that antibodies do not necessarily mean immunity – or rather, it is far too early to know for sure how long that immunity lasts because this virus is so new. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentSome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That Exist6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemContemplate Life At These 10 Stargazing Locations10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do18 Cities With Neverending Tourist-FlowWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Worst Things To Do To Your PhoneAwesome And Unusual Staircases From All Over The WorldWhat’s Up With All The Female Remakes?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way
And in presenting Hazard with Chelsea’s 2013-14 player of the year award in May, Mourinho told him: “Next season we want more from you.” The Portuguese said: “We are feeling day by day his motivation to work hard and to improve. “He’s a kid that was always leaning on his natural talent, which is amazing, and from a certain moment he was starting to have some tactical education, mental education. It’s clear the improvement. “It was a big evolution from the Eden I met in Thailand (in July 2013), where we started pre-season, and the Eden that ended the season. This season, even more.” If Hazard’s individual aspirations are lofty, so too are Mourinho’s, with the possibility he could become the first manager to lift the European Cup with three clubs. He denied the quest to follow his 2004 win with Porto and 2010 success with Inter Milan is an “obsession”. “To win with three clubs is unique,” Mourinho said. “But it’s far from being an obsession and it’s not something that I think about a lot. “Even if I don’t do it, how many top managers in the world have only one or even not a single one? “The greatest in our country (Sir Alex Ferguson), he won it twice. “Do I want to try to win it again? Of course. But in this moment I only think about ‘don’t play Europa League’. “We have a championship of six matches and three opponents (in Group G) and we have to do everything to qualify.” Chelsea twice beat Schalke 3-0 last season en route to the last four and have begun the Premier League season in scintillating style, with four wins from four games. “We are far from perfection,” added Mourinho, who has a fully-fit squad after Didier Drogba shrugged off an ankle knock. “We did well (last season). I know that it’s difficult to do better, but we feel we’ve got the conditions to try to do better. We’ve got a better team, a better group.” Petr Cech has been displaced as first-choice goalkeeper by Thibaut Courtois, but specific competitions have not been designated for the goalkeepers. “Don’t be surprised if (Cech) plays a Champions League game or a Premier League game, or if Courtois plays a Capital One Cup game,” Mourinho said. “Petr is more than ready to play every game. He will play a lot, that’s for sure.” Schalke lost 4-1 to Borussia Monchengladbach in the Bundesliga last weekend and have a host of injury problems. Mourinho is cautious nonetheless, after his side lost their opening home match to Basle last term. He said: “I don’t see a relation between the fact they lost the last match. Probably it makes them stronger. “They will discuss the mistakes they made. For sure they will be a better team and a difficult opponent.” Press Association Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has called on Eden Hazard to prove his talent as one of the greatest players of his generation. The Blues boss expects the Belgian playmaker, signed for a reported £32million from Lille in 2012, to agree a new contract despite having three years to run on his existing deal, as a reward for his ever-increasing influence at Stamford Bridge. Mourinho was at times critical of Hazard last season, perhaps because he felt the forward was capable of so much more. “His talent allows him to think about going from a top player to become one of the greats of his generation,” said Mourinho, speaking on the eve of the Champions League Group G opener with Schalke. “We are very proud that he thinks Chelsea is the perfect environment for him to have that evolution. “That’s why he wants to commit to us and we want to commit to him for the future too. “It will be a question of time, but it will end with a new contract.” Hazard, who has continually been linked with Paris St Germain, now wears the number 10 shirt vacated by Juan Mata last January and previously worn by his idol Zinedine Zidane. Mourinho joked Hazard does not have the stature of Zidane – at 1.85 metres the Frenchman is 12 centimetres taller than the Belgian – but it is clear the self-proclaimed ‘Special One’ believes he can realise his potential. While insisting he “doesn’t care” personally about shirt numbers, he admired Hazard’s intentions, adding: ” To have that ambition is good. I like that.” Mourinho was critical of a Hazard defensive lapse which contributed to Chelsea’s semi-final exit to Atletico Madrid last term, saying “I’m not happy. I speak all season and I try to improve him all season.”
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Saturday said the decision to reappoint IPS officer Harpreet Singh Sidhu as the chief of the anti-drugs Special Task Force has been taken amid reports of narcotics becoming an issue again in the State.Mr. Sidhu was the first chief of the STF set up by the ruling Congress government in 2017. But he was removed last year following reports of a tussle between him and the then Director General of Police Suresh Arora. ‘Seek deputation’Taking note of reports indicating resentment over posting of Mr. Sidhu again in his earlier role, the Chief Minister said anyone not happy with the development was welcome to leave the State and seek deputation with the Central government.“If any officer has problems with his orders, such an officer can say so and seek a deputation with the Centre,” said Capt. Amarinder in a statement.The Chief Minister, who also holds the Home portfolio, said it was his prerogative to transfer or post any police officer in the best interests of the State.Mr. Singh has been pleading for a national drugs policy to tackle the problem, which is posing serious concerns for Punjab, where drugs are being smuggled not just from across the India-Pakistan border but also from Jammu and Kashmir, and Gujarat.
Each year the NSW Hunter Academy of Sport hold their regional sports awards and 2005 has seen a Touch affiliate achieve enormous recognition.The Hunter Region Sports Awards cover clubs and competitions in all sports from the Central Coast, up to Taree and out into the Western cities of NSW.At the recent 2005 NSW Hunter Academy of Sport award, Wallsend Touch Association was awarded the “Sporting Organisation of the Year” award. Winning this award is certainly a big deal, as Wallsend held off teams such as the he Newcastle Knights (NRL), the Hunter Pirates (NBL), the Hunter Jaguars (Netball) and the Newcastle United Jets (Soccer). They also held off many other sporting clubs and associations from the region. Wallsend Touch has been developing rapidly, with their team numbers going through the roof and helping them to become one of the largest affiliates in NSW and Australia-wide.Their committee is constantly looking for ways to develop the competition and their association website is a credit to that, as well as highlighting the possibilities and incredible benefits a website can have for communication and advertising.Their format of spring and autumn competitions (rather than winter and summer) has brought a further increase in team numbers and competition.The number of Wallsend players being selected for the NTL regional permit Hunter-Western Hornets is on the rise, as is their number of Australian junior and senior representatives.The Hunter Academy award orgainsers recognised Wallsend for their tremendous contribution to sport over the past 12 months. They noted Wallsend to have one of the highest participation rates, with an average of 150 senior teams per season and 128 junior teams for the current junior competition, and with more coming in each week. Their efficiency and organisation for all members and guests, as well as their outstanding clubhouse facilities and areas were also mentioned.In speaking to Wallsend Touch members, Ken Clifford, CEO Of the Hunter Academy of Sport praised Wallsend for their contribution to sport in the region.“It is certainly fine work that Wallsend Touch Association does for sport around the region, and we’re extremely pleased to have been able to select them for this award.”The award for Wallsend Touch is a credit to their committee and members, who work hard to ensure the association is constantly growing and developing.Touch Football Australia would like to congratulate Wallsend and all of their committee members, volunteers and players, coaches and officials who have helped to achieve this recognition. Thank you for your hard work for the region, the sport and for Touch Football all around Australia.
Real Betis defender Bartra blasts Vinicius Jr: He remembered my mother three times…by Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Betis defender Marc Bartra has hit out at Real Madrid attacker Vinicius Junior after yesterday’s clash.Madrid won 2-1 with former Barcelona defender Bartra having a running battle with the Brazilian teen.He barked: “Vinícius was on the ground for longer than he was standing, I asked him not to dive and he called me a son of … well, he has remembered my mother three times.”Bartra offered Vinicius some advice: “He has a lot to learn, I do not think they are the right actions for a Real Madrid player.”He added: “The points escaped us, but at the level of sensations we have been very superior, that gives us a lot of confidence, it is a good line for the future.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Liverpool ace Mane: Lovren’s right! He’s one of the bestby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool ace Sadio Mane won’t hear criticism of teammate Dejan Lovren.The Croatian was trolled when he claimed “People should recognise I am one of the best defenders in the world” before the start of the season.Yet he helped Liverpool to last season’s Champions League final and his country to the World Cup final.And Mane backed him, despite sniping from other fans.He said: “I agree. Even now Dejan is one of the best defenders out there.“He went to the World Cup and we saw what he did. In football it is normal for us to give ourselves morale in major competitions. So if he said he is the best defender in the world, why not?“He was playing amazingly well, so there is no problem with that.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Bayern Munich winger Serge Gnabry: These 3 helped me at Arsenalby Paul Vegas20 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBayern Munich winger Serge Gnabry has named former three team-mates who helped him during his time with Arsenal.The German international fired himself back into the headlines this week when he scored four times for Bayern Munich during their 7-2 win over Tottenham in north London.Gnabry told The Athletic of Robin van Persie: “He always told me to go for it.“That I could do it when I got my first few minutes on the pitch.“As a young player, his words meant a lot to me.“He was a great help, as were Mesut [Ozil] and Lukas [Podolski]. They encouraged me by telling me about their problems and giving useful advice.“I was lucky that I could learn from them.”“As much as I loved Arsenal and being in London, I realised that I needed to play regularly.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
New Delhi: The impasse over of the fate of Grand Alliance in Bihar is set to end on Tuesday despite the fact that the marathon meeting with all the key partners of Mahagathbandhan remained inconclusive on Monday.As per the sources, the Congress has ‘agreed’ to ‘accept’ the new seat sharing formula just to keep the Grand Alliance intact and oust the ruling BJP government at the Centre. “During a series of meeting with Congress’ Bihar in-charge Shaktisinh Gohil, RJD leader Tejaswi Yadav and RLSP leaders, it has been decided that Congress would contest on single digit number of seats, while RJD to retain the lion’s share,” the party insiders said. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM'”There is no question of breaking the alliance. We all have come together with a similar objective of defeating the communal forces. The agenda of the Grand Alliance is to safeguard the constitutional rights of the people of Bihar rather than serving for our own interests,” the party insiders said. As per the sources, the final decision in this regard would be taken on Monday night and it would be announced on Tuesday. The Congress, which was demanding 11 seats, may ‘agree’ to contest on nine seats, while RJD would contest on 20 seats, while other ally partners like Upendra Kushwaha’s RLSP would get four seats, Jitan Ram Manjhi’s HAM may get three seats, CPI (ML) to get one seat, Sharad Yadav’s Loktantrik Janata Dal (LJD) would get one seat and Mukesh Sahni’s party would get two seats. Bihar has a total of 40 Lok Sabha parliamentary constituencies.
Los Angeles: Actor Robert Pattinson, who is set to work with Christopher Nolan in the director’s next venture, has described the script of the project as “unreal”. The 32-year-old actor will star alongside Elizabeth Debicki of Widows fame and BlackKklansman breakout John David Washington in the highly anticipated film from the critically-acclaimed director. In an interview with USA Today, Pattinson said he locked himself in a room to read the script. Also Read – I have personal ambitions now: Priyanka”I’ve been a little wary of doing big movies for years and years, but there’s just something about Chris Nolan’s stuff. “He seems like the only director now who can do what is essentially a very personal, independent movie that has huge scale. I read the script and it’s unreal,” the actor said. Pattinson currently stars in Claire Denis’ sci-fi drama High Life. He also has two other projects – The Lighthouse and Netflix’s ‘The King’.
New Delhi: Salil Parekh, the chief executive officer of Infosys, took home a pay package of Rs 24.67 crore in the last financial year, the company’s annual report showed. Parekh, who joined Infosys in January 2018, received Rs 6.07 crore in fixed salary and Rs 10.96 crore in bonus, incentives and variable pay in 2018-19. He also received Rs 7.64 crore in perquisites on account of exercise of 1,03,604 restricted stock units (RSUs) during fiscal 2019, the annual report said. Also Read – Commercial vehicle sales to remain subdued in current fiscal: IcraCompared to this, Tata Consultancy Services CEO Rajesh Gopinathan drew a package of over Rs 16 crore. In its annual report, the country’s IT services firm said Gopinathan’s compensation had grown over 28 per cent in FY2018-19. Gopinathan’s remuneration included Rs 1.15 crore in salary, Rs 1.26 crore in perquisites, Rs 13 crore in commission and over Rs 60 lakh in other allowances – all of which added up to a package of Rs 16.02 crore. Infosys chief operating officer UB Pravin Rao earned Rs 9.05 crore in FY2018-19 against Rs 8.22 crore in the previous financial year. His remuneration in FY2018-19 included Rs 4.41 crore in fixed salary, Rs 3.83 crore in bonus/incentives/variable pay and Rs 0.81 crore in stock option.