Tag: 香草419

State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy approves rules to limits opiate prescriptions

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy announced the approval of rules to help implement proposed limits on opiate prescriptions for acute pain. Announced by Governor Kasich and leaders of Ohio’s healthcare regulatory boards in March, the rules will support efforts by the Medical, Nursing and Dental Boards to place commonsense limits on the use of opiates for the treatment of acute pain.“The Board is proud to play its role in helping to reduce opiate prescribing in Ohio” said Steven Schierholt, Executive Director of the State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy. “It is estimated that the state could see an annual reduction of 109 million opiate doses once the new limits are in effect.”The rules adopted by the Board will require prescribers to include a diagnosis or procedure code on every controlled substance prescription. This information will then be entered into Ohio’s prescription monitoring program, known as the Ohio Automated Rx Reporting System (OARRS), by dispensing pharmacies to monitor compliance with the limits.Opiates are the source of significant and rising drug problems in Ohio, including an alarming increase in rural areas and small towns. The rules will follow the Board’s standard rule adoption process, including input from stakeholders and the public. For more information on the acute pain prescribing limits and the Board of Pharmacy’s proposed rules, please visit: www.pharmacy.ohio.gov/acute.last_img read more

Start reading State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy approves rules to limits opiate prescriptions

Senior doctor held for Payal Tadvi’s death

first_imgThe Agripada police in Mumbai on Tuesday made the first arrest in connection with the suicide of Payal Tadvi, a resident doctor at BYL Nair Hospital, last week.The police on Thursday last registered a case against three doctors — Hema Ahuja, Bhakti Mehare and Ankita Khandelwal, all Dr. Tadvi’s seniors — after she killed herself in her hostel on Wednesday. The three have been absconding since then.The police said Dr. Mehare was arrested when she came to meet her lawyer near Nair Hospital to discuss the anticipatory bail application that all the three have filed.Mumbai police spokesperson DCP Manjunath Singe confirmed Dr. Mehare’s arrest.The police are questioning her on the whereabouts of the other accused.The police also questioned Dr. Ramesh Bharmal, Dean of Nair Hospital, and several other staff members in connection with the death of Dr. Tadvi.According to police sources, Assistant Commissioner of Police Deepak Kundal, Agripada division, who is heading the probe, questioned Dr Bharmal for over half-an-hour on Tuesday night.“We have also made inquires with Dr Yi Ching Ling, the head of the Ob-Gyn unit at the hospital, where Payal worked. Statements were also recorded from 10 other Resident Doctors, including Dr Kalyani Dongre, president of the central Maharashtra Association of Resident Doctors (MARD),” an officer said.The anti-ragging committee of the hospital on Tuesday submitted its inquiry report to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS).An MUHS anti-ragging committee will conduct a follow-up inquiry based on the report.State Medical Education Minister Girish Mahajan confirmed evidence of harassment in the report.He met Dr. Tadvi’s parents and college authorities, assuring them of a fair probe. Mr. Mahajan also formed a committee to review the Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1999.Mumbai Congress President Milind Deora met Mumbai Police Commissioner Sanjay Barve in connection with the case.“I have appealed for swift justice to Payal’s family and have also asked the police to take care that such incidents are not repeated,” he told mediapersons after the meeting.————–Those in distress or having suicidal tendencies could seek help and counselling by calling any of the following numbers:BMC Mental Health Helpline: 022-24131212 (24×7)Vandrevala Foundation: 18602662345/18002333330 (24×7)I Call – 022-25521111 (8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday to Saturday)The Samaritans Mumbai: 8422984528/842984529/8422984530 (3 p.m. to 9 p.m., all days)last_img read more

Start reading Senior doctor held for Payal Tadvi’s death

UAAP men’s volleyball: UST upends Ateneo, FEU thumps UP for 2nd straight win

first_imgThe Tamaraws held on to the top spot of the standings while the Fighting Maroons are in the inverse with a 0-2 card.Richard Solis led FEU with 14 points while John Paul Bugaian added 13 points.John Mark Millette had 19 points to lead the winless Fighting Maroons.ADVERTISEMENT PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Jaron Requinton and Jayvee Sumagaysay were also in the scoring groove for UST with 14 and 12 points, respectively.UST’s aerial defense was magnificent in stifling the Blue Eagles with the Tiger Spikers scoring on 14 blocks as compared to Ateneo’s three.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesAntony Koyfman led Ateneo with 22 points while Ishmael Rivera added 11 points.In the other match, Far Eastern University had its second straight win trouncing University of the Philippines in four sets, 25-13, 25-18, 23-25, 25-18. ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woescenter_img Eduard Folayang’s ’20 year challenge’: From national champ to ONE lightweight king MOST READ Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war MANILA, Philippines—University of Santo Tomas survived a tough five-setter over Ateneo for its first win, 25-18, 25-21, 22-25, 19-25, 15-12, in the UAAP Season 81 men’s volleyball tournament Wednesday at Filoil Flying V Center.Manuel Medina put up a game-high 22 points while Joshua Umandal added 20 for the Tiger Spikers, who tied the Blue Eagles at the fourth spot with identical 1-1 records early in the season.ADVERTISEMENT Urgent reply from Philippine ‍football chief View commentslast_img read more

Start reading UAAP men’s volleyball: UST upends Ateneo, FEU thumps UP for 2nd straight win

Drake launches Toronto restaurant Pick 6ix pal LeBron James hosts preopening bash

first_imgAdvertisement Login/Register With: LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment The rapper’s new restaurant and bar, Pick 6ix Restaurant, was set to officially open Wednesday night. Pick 6ix is located on the southern stretch of tourist-friendly Yonge Street, steps from Union Station, the financial district and the Air Canada Centre, home to the Raptors. Twitter Advertisement Facebook Advertisement TORONTO — Drake fans in Toronto have a new spot in “the 6ix” to hit for possible sightings of the hip hop superstar and his famous pals. On Tuesday, Drake welcomed basketball star LeBron James to the venue, where the NBA player hosted a birthday party for his Cleveland Cavaliers teammate Dwyane Wade. The Cavaliers are in town to face the Toronto Raptors on Thursday. A press release notes that other attendees at the pre-opening bash included OVO Chubbs, DJ Charlie B, DJ Meel, Baka Not Nice, DJ Steph Floss, and Future The Prince. The new eatery — adorned in black and gold, according to promotional photos of the birthday bash — joins Drake’s other favourite restaurant hangout, Fring’s, owned by his business partner Angelo Ferraro and the family of celebrity chef Susur Lee.last_img read more

Start reading Drake launches Toronto restaurant Pick 6ix pal LeBron James hosts preopening bash

Income tax, GST offices to remain open on March 30, 31 to facilitate year-end collection

first_imgNew Delhi: Tax offices, for both income tax and GST, will remain open on Saturday and Sunday as the departments race against time to meet the revenue collection targets. “As per past practice, all field offices of CBIC (Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs) will remain open during the last weekend of the current financial year also March 30 and March 31, 2019, for assisting the taxpayers in all matters,” CBIC said in an office memorandum. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscal In an office order, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) asked its field offices to facilitate filing of tax-returns by the taxpayers by opening additional receipt counters, wherever required, on March 30 and 31. “The last date for filing belated/revised tax-returns for assessment year 2018-19 is March 31, 2019. The financial year 2018-19 also closes on (March) 31. In view of the closed holidays March 30 and 31, being Saturday and Sunday, Income Tax Offices throughout India (including the ASK Centres), shall remain open on March 30 and 31 during normal office hours,” the CBDT said. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boost The government has pegged goods and services tax (GST) collection target at Rs 11.47 lakh crore in the current fiscal, while the same for direct tax mop up is Rs 12 lakh crore. GST collections in the current fiscal till February totalled Rs 10.70 lakh crore. With regard to direct taxes, the CBDT had collected only Rs 10.21 lakh crore as on March 23, which is 85.1 per cent of the revised estimate of Rs 12 lakh crore. The apex policy making body for income and corporate taxes has asked its field offices to take all possible actions to achieve the collection targets. The Reserve Bank of India has also asked banks keep their branches open on March 31, so that all government transactions for financial year 2018-19 are accounted for within the same financial year. All electronic transactions, including RTGS and NEFT, will continue for the extended time on March 30 and March 31, 2019.last_img read more

Start reading Income tax, GST offices to remain open on March 30, 31 to facilitate year-end collection

Christopher’s new film is unreal: Pattinson

first_imgLos Angeles: Actor Robert Pattinson, who is set to work with Christopher Nolan in the director’s next venture, has described the script of the project as “unreal”. The 32-year-old actor will star alongside Elizabeth Debicki of Widows fame and BlackKklansman breakout John David Washington in the highly anticipated film from the critically-acclaimed director. In an interview with USA Today, Pattinson said he locked himself in a room to read the script. Also Read – I have personal ambitions now: Priyanka”I’ve been a little wary of doing big movies for years and years, but there’s just something about Chris Nolan’s stuff. “He seems like the only director now who can do what is essentially a very personal, independent movie that has huge scale. I read the script and it’s unreal,” the actor said. Pattinson currently stars in Claire Denis’ sci-fi drama High Life. He also has two other projects – The Lighthouse and Netflix’s ‘The King’.last_img read more

Start reading Christopher’s new film is unreal: Pattinson

Egypt denies mistreatment of Syrian refugees

first_imgCAIRO – Egypt on Thursday denied it was mistreating Syrian refugees following a report by Amnesty International accusing authorities of unlawfully detaining and deporting hundreds of Syrians fleeing civil war.In a statement, Egypt’s foreign ministry said the content of Amnesty’s report was “inaccurate and does not reflect the reality of their situation in the country.”“There are over 300,000 Syrians (in Egypt) and they are treated in a dignified way… and receive the same treatment as Egyptians with regards to health care and education,” the ministry said. It reiterated that Egypt’s policy was to “support the Syrian people … and the Syrian revolution.”“There is no policy of deportation of our Syrian brothers and the vast majority of them live in peace,” the ministry said.Egypt has recently required Syrians and other nationals to acquire visas from Egyptian consulates abroad prior to arrival in the country.“This is related to the security situation in Egypt and as soon as calm returns, this measure will be reviewed,” the ministry said.Earlier on Thursday, Amnesty had accused Egypt of unlawfully detaining and deporting hundreds of Syrian refugees, many of them women and children.“Instead of offering vital help and support to refugees from Syria, the Egyptian authorities are arresting and deporting them, flouting human rights standards,” Sherif Elsayed Ali, Amnesty’s head of refugee and migrants’ rights said in a statement.“Most refugees lost their homes and livelihoods when they fled Syria.Failing to help and protect them is a stain on the reputation of Egypt and could seriously damage its image as a key stakeholder in the region.”Ali said Egypt was failing “abysmally to meet its international obligations to protect even the most vulnerable refugees.”Amnesty said hundreds of refugees who fled Syria, including scores of children, face ongoing detention in poor conditions or deportation.It said the Egyptian navy has intercepted around 13 boats carrying refugees from Syria in their attempt to reach Europe.Quoting the UN refugee agency, UNHCR, it said 946 people have been arrested by Egypt while attempting the crossing, and that 724 remain in detention.Egyptian authorities say the country has taken in around 300,000 Syrian refugees, with some trying to leave for Europe aboard overcrowded ships.The media has often accused refugees of backing the Muslim Brotherhood and of being involved in political violence that erupted in Egypt after the July 3 ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi.last_img read more

Start reading Egypt denies mistreatment of Syrian refugees

Bulgaria and Morocco willing to sign agreement on social security

first_imgSofia – The first set of consultations for concluding an agreement on social security between Morocco and Bulgaria ended, Friday in Sofia, on the shared viewpoint concerning the good progress of talks.A statement from the Moroccan embassy in Bulgaria said that this shared viewpoint shows the will and common commitment by both parties to reaching a mutually-beneficial settlement of the talks under way.The Bulgarian labor and social policy minister Hassan Ademov hailed the commitment by Morocco and Bulgaria to signing an agreement on social security. Receiving the head of the Moroccan delegation to these talks Mimoun Bentaleb, secretary general of the ministry of employment and social affairs and Latifa Akharbach, Morocco’s ambassador to Bulgaria, Ademov said that the consultations represent a meaningful step towards the reinforcement of cooperation ties between the two countries, describing the agreement on social security and pensions as a modern and useful tool by the two countries to broaden the scope of cooperation.last_img read more

Start reading Bulgaria and Morocco willing to sign agreement on social security

Bomb at military academy in Libya’s Benghazi kills 7

first_imgBenghazi – A car bomb Monday targeting a military academy in Libya’s restive eastern city of Benghazi killed at least seven soldiers and wounded 12, military and hospital sources said.Benghazi, cradle of the 2011 uprising that toppled veteran Libyan dictator Moamer Kadhafi, has seen near-daily attacks on security and other targets in recent months as the weak Tripoli government struggles to rein in former rebel brigades turned militias.The medical centre in Benghazi said “seven bodies have arrived at the hospital in addition to an undetermined number of human remains,” updating a previous toll. A hospital spokesman said 12 people were wounded in the bombing, including six in serious condition.A military source said the car parked in front of the academy blew up as soldiers emerged from an awards ceremony for army promotions.The explosion left a one-metre (three-foot) deep crater and damaged around 20 cars parked nearby.Car parts and scraps of military uniforms could be seen several metres (yards) away.As with previous attacks, it was not clear who carried out the bombing and there was no claim of responsibility.The government condemned the “criminal” and “terrorist” act and declared three days of mourning.“The government has not and will not spare any effort to pursue those behind this crime and bring them to justice,” it said in a statement.In a separate incident Monday, a man was killed elsewhere in Benghazi by a bomb that had been attached to his car, a security source told AFP, adding that the deceased has not yet been identified.On December 22, a suicide car bomb targeting a security post 50 kilometres (30 miles) from Benghazi left 13 dead.Militants have also attacked foreign missions in Benghazi, including a September 2012 assault on the US consulate in the Mediterranean city that killed the ambassador and three other Americans.On March 2, gunmen shot dead a French engineer in Benghazi.Eastern Libya has become a bastion of Islamist extremists, with authorities avoiding a full-blown confrontation with heavily armed former rebels pending the formation of a regular army and police force.The government has struggled to consolidate control in the vast and mostly desert country, which is effectively ruled by a patchwork of local militias and awash in heavy weapons looted from Kadhafi’s arsenals.last_img read more

Start reading Bomb at military academy in Libya’s Benghazi kills 7